Websites are the magical tool to be related in this digital surge. Every day 252000 new websites are created. Well, setting up a new website is not childsplay to be honest since it needs to be well customized and organized to stand out in this internet world.
But if you are completely new to creating a website, you might have been considering WordPress to build your dream website. WordPress possesses tons of plugins that provide flexibility and dimensions to your work, at the same time making it beginner-friendly.
Elementor is one of the famous plugins that has been considered the 5th best plugin to create a website. As Elementor does not require any coding and uses drag and drop everywhere, anyone from beginner to pro can have a fully customized website with this.
You do not even have to be a tech freak to include all the desired features in your website, rather you just need to know how to create a website with Elementor.
What is an Elementor website?
An Elementor website is a dynamic and visually stunning web platform built using the Elementor page builder, which empowers users to create and customize websites with ease, offering a wide range of design and functionality options.
A lots of WordPress User think, Is Elementor good for websites?
It is a highly regarded website builder known for its user-friendly interface and extensive design capabilities, making it an excellent choice for creating impressive and functional websites.
Understanding The Use Of Elementor For Creating a Website
Elementor is a page builder plugin for WordPress that gives you the flexibility to raise your horizon as much as you want. Elementor gives you the flexibility to do anything of your choice.
This versatile plugin lets you customize, build, and edit any sort of website of your choice. Because of the drag-and-drop flexibility of this plugin, you can choose from the numerous available widgets and drop them according to your choice.
WordPress developers find Elementor incredibly helpful because of the top-notch specifications like custom attributes, script optimization, and rollback versions.
Elementor comes both in free and paid versions. Although you can have a great user experience in the free version with all the facilities the paid version offers quite a few extended benefits including theme builder, WooCommerce builder, pop-up builder, extra widgets, dynamic content, and many more.
The paid version is available from $59 a year to $399 a year varying their benefits.
To enhance the functionality of Elementor, many third-party developers have created add-ons or extensions that can be integrated into Elementor. These add-ons provide additional widgets, templates, and features to make website design and development more efficient.
Step By Step Guide To Create a Website With Elementor
Now that you know everything about Elementor, here is the step-by-step guide to creating a website with Elementor.
Step 1: Preparation
To start with creating a website you need to prepare everything you need. First, decide on how many pages you want to create for your website.
Generally, a standard website may consist homepage, an About page, and a page about the services. Then you must have a Domain and Hosting for your website.
In very easy words domain is the name of your website and hosting is the place where your website files are stored. Although it is possible to use shared hosting, having one specifically made for WordPress hosting would make it even better, which we strongly recommend.
It is because you can get additional benefits with these specialized hosting like not having to deal with security issues and optimization. Also, if you are -planning to add customized headings and footer on your website, this is the time you should reach out to get Elementor Pro.
By visiting the official website, you can choose the plane of your choice. Although this step is totally optional you can make a website using Elementor free version.
Step 2: Installation
Elementor is a WordPress plugin, and you already know, so you must have WordPress on your computer. If it is not already installed, then you need to install WordPress first.
After everything is set up now is the time to connect Elementor on your WordPress. To connect Elementor open your WordPress and from the dashboard click on Plugins and then click Add New.
From the search bar find out Elementor Website Builder, click on Install now and activate and the Website Builder will automatically be installed in your WordPress. Following Plugins > Add New >
Search Elementor > Install Now > Activate will install the free version of Elementor in your WordPress.
You can add Elementor Pro with the same process too but first, the zip of Elementor Pro needs to be installed from the official website. After the zip is installed, you can add the zip simply by Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugins > Choose zip File > Install Now > Activate Plugin.
After you have followed all the steps you will be taken back to the Plugin manager, where you need to click on connect and activate button to activate the Elementor Pro.
Step 3: Adding logo, icon, and Description
The first thing you would want to start with is adding a logo, icon, and some important information about your company. Although this information can be added later, this will be very helpful as we gradually go with the process.
It is better to add all this information from the site settings rather than using the theme changer. Adding a logo, icon, description, and any other information about your site from the site settings will give you additional flexibility to any other changes in the future. To get started,
Click on the Edit With Elementor option
Edit the sample page as per your choice from the widget or leave it as it is.
Click on the top left option from the sidebar which almost looks like a hamburger.
Click on the Site Settings icon which will be on the settings block.
Find out the Site Identity option and set up the Site Name, Site Description, and all the other options of your choice.
Click on the Update button to save it all.
Step 4: Creating a Homepage
After we have set everything down, we are all set to create pages. First, we will start with the homepage. Since we are using Elementor Pro in this case, the editing would be very flexible and elaborate. You can still create pages in the same way as the free version, but the editing would be different. Now let’s start with it.
- Go to pages from the dashboard.
- Click on Add New and give the page name as Homepage or Home or Front Page as per your choice.
- Set the page layout to Elementor Full Width by clicking the gear icon from the bottom left corner of the left Pannel.
- To import templates, click on the folder icon and access different templates under the Pages tab on the library.
- Search your preferred template and click on insert.
- Edit the contents of the template with your own.
- After all the editing click on the Publish button on the bottom left side to publish the page you have just created.
- After publishing, go to the settings and then to Readings, Select A static page, and then choose the page you just have created from the “Homepage” drop-down menu.
- Click the “Save Changes” button located at the bottom.
Now your Homepage is fully set, and you can explore other pages of your choice.
Step 5: Create an About Page
After you have created the homepage the second very important page is the About page and you can create this one very easily and almost like the previous one. To create your About page:
- Go to the Creating New page.
- Click Add New
- Click on Edit with Elementor
- Name the Page About or Something you would like to
- Go to the Gear icon and set the page layout Elementor Full Width
- Go to the library by clicking on the files and selecting the preferred theme.
- Edit the Theme contents as per your choice and click on Publish at the bottom.
Step 6: Create all the other pages.
Now that you know how to create pages, you can follow the procedure and create e any other pages of your choice just by following them. Just remember to tailor the content very well and select a theme that is eye-catching and relatable to your business.
Step 7: Creating an error page.
- With Elementor, you can create an error page or 404 page. To create the page:
- Go to Templates as you have shown before.
- Then hop onto the Theme Builder
- At the left bottom, you will find the Error 404 tab and click on it.
- Click on Add New on the top right.
- You can find your preferred 404 theme and insert it.
- Click on the Publish button and set the display condition.
- Select the 404 page and then save it. After you can publish the page.
Step 8: Publishing the Website
After you are done with your primary Customization you are ready to publish your website. To publish and preview your website:
- To preview your website, click on the preview button and check if everything is according to your preference or not.
- After that click on the publish button.
- Now click on Have a Look button to check the published website.
Advanced Customization with Elementor
It is very easy to create a simple website with Elementor, though customization of every aspect of your website will make it appear more engaging to your customers. You can achieve advanced features with Elementor and edit Header, Footer, Pop-ups, and many more things. Here let’s get to know some of them.
Adding a nice header will definitely separate your website from the rest of it. To make your customized header:
- Go to Appearances
- Click the menu button.
- Click on Create a new menu link.
- Name the new menu and
- Click on the Create menu button.
- Click on Add Menu Items and add whatever you like on your menu from the left panel.
- Tick them and click on the Save Menu button.
- Go to templates.
- Then go to Theme Builder.
- Find the Header button and click on it.
- Click on the Add new button to new Headers.
- Search for the Template kit of your choice
- Click on Insert to open the kit on Elementor editor.
- After tailoring it on your own click on Publish
- Click on the add condition button and then select the pages you want the header template to make changes on
- Following that, select the “Save and Close” button.
For Footer, you can follow the steps you have followed to create a header but this time you would not need to create another new menu.
Is Elementor good for SEO?
Elementor is SEO-friendly and supports best practices for search engine optimization. Its clean code, fast loading times, and responsive design options contribute to better SEO rankings, while also allowing users to optimize their website content easily for improved search engine visibility.
Elementor is one of the very popular WordPress plugins. The vast customization availability and flexibility of this plugin make it just perfect for making websites.
It is a never-ending thread where you can explore numerous ways to set your website apart from everyone else. But it is very easy to create a simple website of your choice just by following the simple guidelines of creating a website step by step.
Elementor possesses some interesting ways of customizing the header footer and every other part of the website. Since it has so many templates to choose from, anyone can find their desired one from here.
Now that you have gained the knowledge of creating a website in very simple steps, go ahead and explore the wide world of internet.